Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fresh off the plane!

I arrived safely in Trinidad with very little trouble. It was an all day event but I finally made it and found my ride.

We drove back to the house where everyone had stayed up to meet me. There was some coming and going of other people but now it is going to be me and two other girls (one scrippsie!!!) and 3 guy who are all interns. Also there is will who is the field manager and Felipe a phd student working on his own project. Everyone is in their twenties and have been doing cool stuff all over the world with all different kinds of animals. There are many different languages too but I'm the only Portuguese unfortunately.

We are living in three bedrooms bunch style with a nice kitchen, sitting area, and porch where spend most of my time. We have had a couple days before the real work starts so we have been getting ready and spending some time relaxing in town.

Town is a pretty cool place. It looks like a lot of places I have been, little store front with bright colored paint and food stands along the way. The food available is pretty standard with some cool new vegetables and fruits I'm trying out. the clothing is mostly sandals jeans and t-shirts of many pastel colors. People are very friendly and forward, asking you where you are from and what your doing. Most have been to the states or have family there. Gonna try and go to a soccer game tonight and out for dinner and drinks.

Then tomorrow we start work!!!! I am excited to start getting dirty. I did a little hiking and fishing but tomorrow we will hike up the stream and collect all the fish in a pond... Sounds a little daunting. And the process them all. More information to come on the actual work. Until then! Hope all is with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment